Saturday, November 12, 2016

Can a small company succeed on the web?

When I first got on the net it was the shining light for the small guy, you could compete with the big boys. Yes for a while it worked and people who could afford to get a web page or use a program called front page got there. More and more people came rushing into the web and proclaimed it their savior but it would not be. Many started to forget how they got to where they were and skipped many of the traditional strategies they use to use. Then one day the big boys of the world woke up and decided that this web thing, it held promise, let us try it out.  They came and started to spend money, big money on the web and on multi media. Soon the search engines of the day and it was not Google at that time found that they could make more money with the big  companies.  So time has marched on and when you do searches today you may see some small companies yes but you also see the big companies and they are getting your information by hook or by crook and are using it to make their own strategies to sell to you and others.

So how can you compete in today's web you ask? Well for one thing make sure you have a web site that is up to date and in good standing with Google.  Yes I mention Google because let us face it they are for now the big company in the room so best to be on their good side. So make sure your web site is current and compliant. Our company can help you get there and it may be cheaper than you think. Also make sure you are on social media. I know many of you say I do not use it but trust me when I say it works. Google looks at social media too and the more your name is mentioned the better. Once again we can help you here and we have helped many companies get leads and make sales through the use of social media.

Blogging, well once again many want to stand out, stand out by telling people what you know and what can help them. If you are an expert in cars, talk about it. If you know about insurance, talk about it.  In short tell the world what you know. A good blog is neat and unless you are me:) should or can be stimulating and cause you to listen.  Oh yes they do not have to look blaa they can look like what one of my good customers Randy Rundle has a neat blog that looks nice and tells a story. Go see what Randy has done (of course with a little help from us:) https://fifthaveinternetgarage.blogspot.com/

Well that it is for today, I hope you like what I have to say:) Let me know tell me what you would like to see me writing about. Write me at jrossini@rossini.com.

Until next time!

Joe Rossini


No comments: