Thursday, February 23, 2012

Video on the web what do you think?

Recently we have been doing more and more with video on the web for customers and soon for ourselves. I find it to be fascinating, fun but sometimes very frustrating. We have used YuTube and lets face it it is neat and the place where most people go. But one thing that does kinda of get you are the other ads that are there so for clients you might want to also look at Tumblr it is neat but the free version limits you to 100 Meg.  Also look at Vimeo they charge for a simple one but no ads, and you get 500 Meg upload. Soon I will have a small intro video done of me and my company and when it is done I will post it up with a link on my blog.

As far as search engine penetration, if you can stand the ads I would lean toward YuTube because the big boys spider it and look at it.

Also over the last eight months or so there has been a push to use video in e-mail. I am not yet sure how well I like this yet but as they say a picture in this case, a video is worth a thousand words.

Some links :Tumblr

Vimeo

OK enough on this for now, more to come!

Joe Rossini



No comments: