Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Getting web vistors

I have often been told if you rank in the top ten on Google you are set. I will not deny that ranking high is very good but I believe that just ranking alone is not enough. You must have a product that potential customers want and you must give them a reason to come into your web site. I say don't just rely on Google rankings, be proactive. What is proactive you ask? I say you use blogging to get people interested, you use Facebook and Twitter and Linkedin to get people to come look at just what you are offering. I like Linkedin and no this is not a commercial for them but I enjoy the posts and also posting myself. I have started to use Twitter more but it is an acquired taste to use to drive traffic and it is mostly to enjoy topics of interest posted by others. So what I say is use many potential bullets in your gun to get traffic and make sales.  Have you thought about a PR release? How about making sure you are in the top directories. Oh for those that do not know it, a directory or directories are places that even Google goes to find web sites so you should try to be there. Also keep your content on your web site as fresh as you can, I know sometimes you can not because you have to wait for a web person but there are now simple content management software available that will allow you to change your web site on your own. I have them and you are welcome to ask me about them. So let me summarize, to get more web visitors and turn them into customers :


  • Change your content often
  • Use social media vigorously
  • Make sure someone is submitting you to the main search engines and directories on a regular basis
  • Blog...blog...blog some more be an expert!
Ok enough for now, more to come, I like to try to stay on the topic of finding leads from your web site because frankly it is the only way to go!

Well thats all for now, more to come have a great day!

Joe Rossini


No comments: