Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sometimes you just cant win!

I will make this very general because I think it applies to a lot of web people and web marketeers out there and maybe it just applies to us all in a different way. Recently working with a customer we created a drop dead neat web site and then after it was up and working I began the process of marketing it. I submitted it to the search engines on a regular basis, I wrote a neat PR release, we made sure they had a very nice Facebook Fan page, I wrote multiple ads in on line newspaper's and Craig's list to push the business, I posted to all of my Friend son Facebook, Twitter and Linked in and more. In short I worked my ass off. The Facebook page got lots of likes and visits, the web page was recognized by his customer's and he got customers from it. But what often happens is that a customer just does not totally listen or participate such as doing facebook posts or adding to the content of the web site and more and ultimately even though it was working and growing they ran out of money and well that was that. Instead of just sayng I cant do this  at least for now, they slam you and make up something that hits you out of the blue and bottom line was and they finally admitted it, they did not have the money to continue. I ask why not have the intestinal fortitude to just to say that, I would not have gotten mad, I would have tried to find a way to keep going but no I was slammed. Oh well, what can I say, it happens.

I just apologized, gave tha person some options and well I go on to the next one. I have many  happy people but I guess the moral is, I can not please everyone no matter how hard I try.  You just have to keep going, growing and learning.

Just venting

Joe R

No comments: