Thursday, January 28, 2016

Plan your work and work your plan....

I continue to push this idea or saying because it applies in all walks of life. I use a Franklin planner and have since 1989! I can tell you almost every day since 1989 what I was doing that day! I planned my work for that day and went about doing it. Now many use their phones to plan their work and that is OK as long as you can stick to the plan and it guides you. We had plans for January here, make at least two to four sales, release a new web site, work on a brochure, switch accounting to on line and of course there was more but we accomplished most and worked on finishing the rest. I now am looking at February.  So I plan for success. You should plan for your own success. If you are in sales, plan on the number of calls that you will make a day, a week, a month.  Oh yes do not forget to follow up on leads and do it no more than 48 hours after getting those leads. Ask for referrals, often time people will give them! Give those people a gift if you sell the referral or if you are in a store buy a product in that store as a thank you. Remember your existing customers! as a rule I always touched base with the existing customers in my territory and introduced myself as their new representative. I listened to their concerns and then tried to act upon any that they may have. I once worked for a company that said never go back to an old or existing customer, they will usually be upset or as I also later found out the service people were up selling them and getting the commission! That company will fail, you should be very proud of your customers and take good care of them. Remember the old saying that 80% of your sales comes from 20% of your leads and from your old customers! Well just a few more lines about sales...more to come and remember, if you need sales help, call me I am available to be contracted out to teach or to sell!

Until next time...Joe




No comments: