Thursday, January 14, 2016

Do you need to know the basics of sales?

The basics in sales, I am often asked how Joe did you find that lead? How Joe did you sell that lead? What Joe can I do so I too can make sales? Well after thirty plus years of sales, I tell a rookie only so much as their brain can take in because honestly it is a lot. Where do I start:

First an old saying plan your work and work your plan. You can not get somewhere unless you know where you intend to go. Let us say you have a goal of selling $100,000.00 in calendar year 2016 and that is a nice goal but not one that is overwhelming to achieve. Often young rookies will put a goal like one million dollars in sales which is one that is just not achievable.  So the smaller goal is the best goal to go after. Lets see, if you use math you will see to reach this goal you will need to sell $8333.33 per month for twelve months.  Lets look closer and you will see that if you can make sales of $2083.00 per week it does not seem as such an insurmountable figure. For me it is just one $2000 sale a week and that is definitely possible.  Make small achievable goals and then achieve them and keep your blinders on, keep looking at that end goal but never forget the weekly and monthly goal for it is what adds up.

OK more to come, I am thinking about writing a white paper on this, would you have an interest in it if I did it? E-mail me at jrossini@rossini.com and let me know.

Until next time......

No comments: