Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Be active with your website!

Recently I was talking to one of my most active customers Mr. Randy Rundle owner of http://fifthaveinternetgarage.com/. Randy is proud of his web site and has been constantly upgrading it, adding to it and now has two very successful blogs. Here is why he is now the most visited website of all of my customers. We just got an e-mail from his blog saying he published three new articles and that I should go visit!  We visited and wow so cool. This is a reason why he is so successful, he works at it. Yes this takes time and yes it does not always work but my reports show that it is working big time!



Make time, most web site vendors make websites that can be upgraded by you so if you add a new product or maybe add a new person to your company or make a big sale, tell the world about it! You are your best cheerleader! I can help and I do but you own your business, you need to make sure that your marketing arm is loaded with the best information you have.

How about new pictures, put them on your website!  How about a video, put them on that website. People process video faster and better than reading. If you go to a show, take pictures, take videos and do as much as you can to get names and numbers so you can call back after the show. Recently we published about QR codes, you know you have seen them those funny looking codes you see on products, not the UPC scanning code but the other codes that will take a customer right to a web site or sign them up for a coupon.  Do these things and you will increase your sales!



QR code
















How about reporting, do you have it and do you use it? We offer standard simple reporting or more advanced reporting that can tell you if your website or parts of it are working well. You spend money on a mailer, how about tracking the success of it.  Reporting is one of the most overlooked and underused feature of a web site. Remember it is your money and your success!                                              





Remember, you hold the key to your future and we can help you open that door to success!
More to come soon!

Joe Rossini





1 comment:

fxolato said...

Joe..

Thanks for the kind words, and you are correct it does take a little time to update the website , but it is time well spent. When customers can go to my website to look up answers to their questions and learn about my products and how complicated they are to install, (in my case I put all of the install instructions to all of the products I manufacture on the website. The customer will then know exactly how to install a part when it shows up on his doorstep, and if he loses the instructions that came with the part he can go to the website and print off another set.) that customer becomes confident he can do the job and he knows he is ordering the correct part for his application and it will work. The better you customer is educated the more confidence he has in buying from you. When my customers call, most have been on the website and have read up on what they are interested in and know what they want to order and how much that part costs. That saves me and the customer both time. Fifth Avenue gets mentioned in blogs all of the time and has become the "go to" website for accurate information That makes selling parts much easier. My customers say... they buy from me because of the information on my website. They are convinced that I am one of the few vendors that actually knows how to install the parts they sell. Because I manufacture many of the parts it is easy for me to answer questions and help customer "get it right the first time!" A website is an investment and is hands down your best marketing tool as it is available 24/7. It is also a reflection on you and your company. It many cases your website is how your customers form an impression of you and your company. They often have no other contact with you. Think about the websites you visit and the ones you buy from? Why do you pick one over the other? If you need help with a website Joe and Brenda will help you get it right. I know from first hand experience. Thanks Randy