Thursday, April 13, 2017

How can I protect my Facebook account?

Here are 6 things you can do to help keep your account safe:
  1. Protect your password: ...
  2. Use our extra security features.
  3. Make sure your email account(s) are secure.
  4. Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people. ...
  5. Run anti-virus software on your computer: ...
  6. Think before you click or download anything.


Security Tips | Facebook Help Center | Facebook


What do I do if my Facebook has been hacked?
Once you click on End Activity, change your password right away. Next, getFacebook's help. Facebook has a system to help you if you've been hacked. Go to the Facebook help page, click on I think my account was hacked or someone is using it without my permission, and then click on secure it.

How do I set the highest privacy settings on Facebook?
Click the 'Privacy' tab located in the left column:**Set default privacy/sharing option to Friends.**Use the Activity Log to review all your posts and things you're tagged in.**Limit the audience for old posts on your Timeline.**Set who can send you friend requests. ... **Select if you want Basic or Strict filtering for your inbox.
I have used Facebook for several years and as time goes on so do the security options and threats. I will add more about this later.


Joe Rossini

No comments: