Thursday, September 27, 2012

Is Facebook relevant anymore?

I must say I was a happy warrior for the Facebook fan page and business page potential but not anymore.  I have to say the more I get on the more I see that posts are no longer business type ads but almost all personal.  I know that there are many very good Facebook pages out there but are we really looking anymore?  I think that Facebook is still a neat medium to touch base with friends and such and it does a great job at that. As new studies show however, sales are not really being made on Facebook and I see a definite shift to LinkedIn and even Twitter.  I believe that the shine has come off of Facebook and a new moon is rising on both Twitter and LinkedIn and who knows maybe something else just over the horizon.

So where do you go to make sales and make a name for your company?  There is no substitute for having a kick ass website! As much as people have tried to bury web creation, having a website is still a must.  Also I now believe that having a web site to work on multiple platforms is also a must. I am not saying that we create all the time for all the platforms but we are really trying now to move in that direction.

Have you also thought of an e-mail capture capability tied to a nice e-mail blast capability?  Let your contacts know what you are doing all the time and then when you think you done it too much do it again!

So what do you think?  Write me a comment and let me know.

Until next time.

Joe Rossini

No comments: