Monday, September 17, 2012

Web marketing part 2

Web marketing is an art it is an acquired taste and it takes time to learn and be good at it. I believe you have to work on it and work on it and work on it and then you continue to work on it. I have and can say been very successful at bringing leads to companies, one of my older customers I have brought over 1,6 million visitations and I am quite sure hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales.  However there are those frankly that I flopped on. It is not easy to say that you have not succeeded but I have missed occasionally. If anyone tells you they have a 100% hit rate, well just walk away.  OK, but I will of course dwell on those that were successful and why and what you and maybe I have to do for your web campaigns.

  1. You do not know where you are going until you can track to see if your campaigns and your marketing is working so I very much recommend a very good reporting program.  At the very least use Google Analytics,  this will give you a good shot at seeing what pages are being visited and where the traffic is coming from. If you are concentrating on sales in the Midwest United States, the reports should show you that they are coming from there. The reporting will tell you some neat things like time spent on site, pages that they spent the time on and maybe if you are lucky, what company came to see your web site! I use a neat program called Hitslink and I recommend it but it is not free so if money is important, go with the free Google program. I recommend you track every page and if your marketing company is any good they will give you monthly reports to let you know that what they are doing is working.  Better yet, you look because you are the one paying for the service and maybe just maybe that company may not be telling you the whole truth.
  2. I like to use all types of marketing and branding to sell my products but recently a salesperson told me that they were going to spend thousands of dollars on putting ads in a magazine (old line advertising). I mentioned let me do a PR release on line hardly cost you a dime and it might hit millions of people but no much interest for him to do that . I just do not understand companies that even today are afraid to use the tremendous power of the web.  Yes I say use traditional marketing but from now on it is the web that will drive sales and marketing and those companies that will succeed will be those that spend their money on the net!
OK, next article on web marketing later this week and remember, if you need help just ask me I have over 30 years of marketing and sales and web marketing experience!

Until next time

Joe Rossini

No comments: