Friday, March 2, 2012

Just a bit about e-commerce

Just a little bit about e-commerce today. My previous post tells you that it is growing and fast. Gas is way up and so is postage so everything will be effected. As I put new products in my e-commerce web site Solar savior I have learned that preparation is important.  What products will you sell? What categories are those products going to be in? Will you charge shipping or build it into the price? How about charging sales tax? Will you inventory it or will someone drop ship it for you?  See just a few things to think about. There are easy shopping cart methods such as using a PayPal simple shopping cart and that can work for a while until you grow bigger then the fun begins. Remember e-commerce is growing and if you are not yet in it or using it will in the near future especially if you are a retailer. I do not predict the end of brick and morter stores but I do say that more and more the stores will be on-line and allow the owners to make quick changes and decisions which are not as easy as in hard stores.
So if you have an interest give me a shout or e-mail me and I can help you or advise you on which way to go.

Until next time!

Joe Rossini

No comments: