Sunday, January 20, 2008

Recession..how do we fight it?

recession how do we fight it? Is there a recession? I believe that in certain areas of the country and certain sectors there seems to be significant hardship. We hear a lot about real estate and mortgages and also the manufacturing industry and it now seems that retailers did not have a great holiday season. I am telling people that we are not in a recession and I am trying to think positive and I tell people that everyday. Why am I doing that? I do this because negative thinking is contagious as is positive thinking. If you think you are down then you will go down. I had an old boss many years ago that use to say to us that if you think you are sick, you will get sick, so he told us to think being well and feeling good. Well that did not always work but it got us working instead of going home ;) So what can we do if you think you might be thinking negatively and feel that sales are down and leads are drying up, what can you do? Well I say use the most powerful marketing tool ever made by man...the web...
Use this time to update your stale web site. The search engines like change and an updated web site stands a better chance in the search engines and with potential customers if it is updated frequently. If people think you are an expert in your field or if they come to your web site to see important industry facts then soon enough, you will be an expert. If people come and visit, the chances are they are going to at least consider your services if it can affect their business or lives. Add a blog to your web site. If you do not know how to add a blog, call me, my company will assist you (913-533-4098). A blog is one of the hottest features you can add to your web site right now. Consider a blog like an on going easy way to write about your company and its products and services. A blog is powerful and it can help you increase your chances of making a sale.

How about an e-mail newsletter about your company? Recently one of my customers started to send out on a regular basis e-mail information blasts to inform former students and customers about its services. As soon as they started to do this, my information logs showed a dramatic increase in visitations to their website. Would you like to start an e-mail newsletter? Visit my web site at http://www.rossini.com/enews.html.

In closing...think positive and do not sit on your hands, update your website and consider being proactive on the net. Visit my website at www.rossini.com or e-mail me at jrossini@rossini.com and start your leap forward today!

No comments: