Monday, May 1, 2017

Reporting and the benefits

Usually every Monday I do reports for some of my customers. I wonder if good information can come from reports and can it be helpful. Well one of my reports shows visitors who came in from around the world to see their web page. This information can be helpful in telling a customer just who might be looking. What I usually find is a gem or two about a company that was sneeking a peek at my client or had an interest in a particular area that my client offers. The time the visitor spends on a site or a page can also tell my client if they are really interested or just browsing. Bottom line is we can tell the sales staff who might be following up on a show or a call.

Another report can tell my clients what search engines are working. If you are spending money on an Adword program it would be nice to see where those potential leads are coming from.

I had one client ask me about a company that kept showing up but really was not a name they figured was a real lead. I found that the company was using a BOT to scan their site so the possibility to shut it off was being entertained.

Having a good reporting program is important and if watched can provide very useful information on how your web site is doing or your marketing for your company.

More to come

Joe Rossini

No comments: