Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Can you get noticed using Google+

The answer is yessssssssssssssss. Some time ago before I upgraded my own web site my listings under the search term Rossini dropped off the planet and that was for several reasons.  But today I searched and two of my listings I did on Google+ a Google product had me on the first page!  Ok I do tell my clients post on Google+ because it is a Google product.  This is just FYI it has at least in my case worked.

Joe

Part #2

The world of mobile continues to explode. Major players like Google, Facebook, and Apple are investing massively in efforts to establish themselves as the dominant player in the new markets that are emerging as a result. These companies are betting in a big way on continuing changes in mobile usage and in user expectations for mobile devices, and that means you should be, too. It means you need to have a mobile-first mentality.
The investments by these companies are happening at many different levels. For example, Google has already made mobile friendliness a ranking factor, and intends to increase the strength of that signal in May 2016.

This came from Axandra info and it is really really getting to be a hot topic. If you do not have a mobile friendly site then guess what?  Google will find you and potentially downgrade you.  I went from not being on there at all among 30 million pages to the third page and I will over time get it to the first page again:)

Post 3...scarry

According to this data, PCs, tablets, and smartphones will only be about 25% of the installed Internet-enabled devices by 2020. Just a few years ago, these represented two-thirds of the installed Internet devices. In the biz world, this is what we call a "disruptive change."
Many of the new device types will probably have a fairly passive role in our lives (such as smart refrigerators, smart thermostats, and other Internet of Things devices). By this, I mean that I don't expect them to become devices that we interact with heavily.
However, many classes of these devices will be ones that we'll interact with substantially, such as smart TVs, Internet media devices, and wearables.

OK have I convinced you a bit? If you have not upgraded call me and we will give you a quote!!!


Back soon

Joe Rossini

No comments: