Monday, February 15, 2016

Plan your work

It is not easy to sell, trust me I know after thirty plus years of doing it but the basics are always the same. Yes you can use the net and you can e-mail but the time tested means of getting leads to me never changes. You havge to learn your territory first then you have to see if you have any customers in that territory. If you have customers and are not forbideden to meet them then set up an appointment and go see them. Introduce yourself as their new representative and see how they are doing and if they have any concernes. I think you will find that most of those customers are happy to see you and do have questions about their service. I often found that sales opportunities sprung forth from those meetings and the opportunity to get to know your contact and them to know you. I often found that once they got to trusting you they will tell you many thngs about your new territory and potential leads. Take that contact out to lunch, get to know him or her and usually good things will follow.
More to come

Joe

No comments: