Thursday, August 2, 2018

SEO and keywords are they important?

You now have all started to hear about it and that is SEO? What is SEO? Well, Wikipedias definition of SEO is:

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine's unpaid results—often referred to as "natural", "organic", or "earned" results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a website appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users; these visitors can then be converted into customers. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image searchvideo searchacademic searchnews search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. SEO differs from local search engine optimization in that the latter is focused on optimizing a business' online presence so that its web pages will be displayed by search engines when a user enters a local search for its products or services. The former instead is more focused on national or international searches.

When you do a search what do you do? Well if you are like me and millions of others you go to Google or Bing and you type in a keyword or phrase or company you might be looking for. I just Googled an HVAC company near me to come out and look at my hot water heater and sure enough up came the results I needed. let me be more specific, I did not type in HVAC company I typed in HVAC company in Miami County Kansas. If I had just typed in HVAC company I would have gotten ten billion results none of which I wanted. By being more specific I got the result I wanted right away! The bottom line is one of the most important areas of SEO is the proper use of long tail keywords in your internals of your website that the search engines will find. Google says: Around 20–25% of searches are very specific long tail keywords entered into Google. So think of your product or your service and think of what a potential customer might type in to find that product or service in Google or Bing. Be specific and you will get more of the right potential customers to find you.

So when I look at a potential customer, I look at their website and I look inside to see those keywords and I analyze them to see if they are what people are looking for. The question I am almost always asked is how do I see my internal code and I say ask your web person and have them tell you what they put in there.

Well, this is part one of SEO and how it can help you. More to come soon. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 913-244-6132 or e-mail me at jrossini@rossini.com.

More to come soon!


Joe Rossini






No comments: