Saturday, July 21, 2012

Focus and have a goal

Recently I had some time to reflect as to the direction of my company and decided things might change a bit. As the owner of a company now for 18 years you sometimes forget the things that made you successful in the beginning and before. One thing I always hated was to have a quota put on me, it was always out of my reach and unattainable it seemed but you had to try. Yes we were all judged not by our effort but by our quota and how we made it or did not. That darn quota, I hated it, but I must admit, it drove me everyday relentlessly there over my head like the sword of Damocles. I planned, schemed, I worked hard, called my old customers, saw old customers in my territory who had not been seen for years and then I did even more. I made cold calls and telephone calls and if I went somewhere I planned a big circle area around where I was going and set up appointments and also cold calls all to be more efficient. The bottom line is I sold millions of dollars of equipment and was successful. )OK I was successful most of the times :) No one is perfect! Well I decided to put a quota on myself again and to make those telephone calls and appointments again along with all my skills as a social media/web marketeer and what have I found???? It works, I have made four sales in a week and a half and of course the best part added four new customers!

The moral is, focus and have a goal and a target no matter how you achieve it, old ways new ways both you can not hit or arrive at a destination if you do not know where that destination is!!! 

I have to say I am having fun, it is a blast to work  hard and achieve and attack  attack attack to arrive at that quota. If you want some advise just write me I will try to help and wont charge you a penny. If I do not answer you immediately be patient I will.

Until next time

Joe Rossini

No comments: