Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Offer a solution and they will come

Had a tele call today with a perspective client, it was a conference call. The call went well but I could tell the client was sending out vibes that perhaps he was in trouble but did not want to say it but was asking for help in his own way.

Once the call was over I talked to one of my associates and we discussed the call and agreed, the potential client might be in trouble. I listened to my associate and his solution for the potential client and what I asked him was "do we have a solution that will work and save him money". The answer was yes. I said let me call the prospective client and see if he would be open for a suggestion from us.

The whole reason to write this is that if you listen to the customer and then offer a solution to his or her problem, the sale is almost anti climatic, the order should naturally follow.

Help the client and get the order that is what we often forget to do in sales but must always strive to achieve. Offer a solution and you more times than not will win!

More to come from Joe Rossini

No comments: