Sunday, March 30, 2008

Did you turn out the lights?

Last night we turned off our lights in the house at 8:00 PM to celebrate or join the world in a one hour black out for world energy conservation. It was in a way fun and I bumped into several things, I forgot to get my flashlight :) I am sure the world actually looked cool to the men and women on the International space station as the lights twinkled off around the world. The funny thing is, did you go into your computer area and see all those little lights on your modem or hub or router or even your computer twinkle on and off. The fact is those devices are on and drawing power so unless there is a real black out, you will still be spinning the power meter for your good old electric company. I do have a solution to that....if the power goes off, I switch on my emergency back up power kit that I made and I can compute away, watch TV and satellite tv and have lights and a fan and on and on for several hours! More on this later. I have enjoyed using the emergency kit many times. So when the power goes out...I know how to keep it going again :) More on this soon!

No comments: