Thursday, April 5, 2018

Human verses Robot

I am writing this to explain our recent experience at a large box store who I will leave anonymous, We were shopping this large store looking for just a part and we looked and looked. Finally, we found a worker who came up to us and asked us if we needed help and we immediately said yes. My wife and I explained what we were looking for and showed him our defective now crumbling part and he immediately took us to an area, and he found the exact part we needed. The man went on to ask us more questions and we told him more of our problems and he took us to another area to solve those problems. We were set and we left happy.  My moral to this story is, I do not believe a machine could have helped us. I do not believe a Kiosk could have helped us but a human being with knowledge did help us and I hope we never lose track of that. Service in a store be it big or small is a must have if you wish to compete. Go the little extra, show you care because a machine will never care!

Robots are coming, automated check out is coming but that little smile, that final question if you found everything you wanted is priceless.

I say that the suggestive sell by the store clerk or by a salesperson is priceless! Increase your sales by suggestive selling and you might be surprised what you get and find.

More to come soon.

Joe

No comments: